Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims

We’ll pursue the money you deserve after an accident

Despite all the requirements and enforcement, there are still a lot of people driving around Texas without insurance.

Some studies say as many as 1 out of 8 drivers nationwide get behind the wheel without having any insurance. In Texas, more than 8 percent of drivers are estimated to be driving uninsured.

You don’t want your recovery to be based on someone else’s decisions. That’s why we strongly recommend carrying uninsured and underinsured motorist protection (UM/UIM). Even if you have this coverage, though, a car accident caused by an uninsured driver can lead to a difficult legal case.

Hoover Rogers Law, LLP fights for accident victims injured in the Wichita Falls area. We offer free injury case evaluations to accident victims and their families. If you were injured or lost a loved one in an accident, contact Hoover Rogers Law to learn more about how we can help.

Texas UM and UIM insurance

Uninsured motorist protection (UM) covers you if you’re in an accident caused by a driver who doesn’t have liability insurance. Usually, this also kicks in if you’re hurt by a hit-and-run driver or “phantom vehicle” that is never found, since an unknown driver is also uninsured by default. Underinsured motorist protection (UIM) supplements the other driver’s insurance if you are hit by someone who has insurance, but not enough to pay for your accident.

Some states allow you to purchase UM and UIM separately, but in Texas, they are a single type of coverage, often called UM/UIM.

You don’t have to carry UM/UIM in Texas, but your insurance company is legally required to offer it to you. If you don’t want the coverage, you must say so in writing. If you didn’t decline in writing, an attorney may be able to force your insurance company to provide coverage for an uninsured/underinsured motorist accident.

If you have UM/UIM, then your coverage either stands in for or supplements the at-fault driver’s insurance. Your claim proceeds in much the same manner as any other car accident claim.

We will fight for the money you deserve

If you have been injured in a car accident and the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance — or enough coverage to make you whole — contact Hoover Rogers Law, LLP. If you have UM/UIM insurance, we can help you deal with your insurance company. Even if you don’t have UM/UIM, we may be able to find other sources of compensation. Our attorneys have developed a reputation for conducting thorough investigations that turn up important evidence to support your claim.

Get serious about your car accident claim. Call, email, or chat online to schedule your free consultation with a Wichita Falls car accident lawyer.

Consultation* Click Here