Injured In a Pedestrian Accident in Wichita Falls?
Our law firm will stand up for you
Texas has one of the highest pedestrian accident rates in the U.S. With no protection or preparation, pedestrian collisions with vehicles tend to cause serious and even fatal injuries to the person on foot.
These injuries take a long time to heal and may even require a lifetime of care. If you were injured in a pedestrian accident in Wichita Falls, you’re probably in pain, and you have lots of questions. The last thing you need is to deal with an insurance company on your own.
We handle all types of pedestrian accidents
Pedestrian accidents can happen many different ways, but most have something in common: a motorist failed to yield the right of way or pay attention and caused a serious collision.
- Midblock — The collision happens in the middle of the street.
- Merging or Turning Vehicle — The pedestrian and vehicle collide when the vehicle is turning into the path of the person on foot. This is common at intersections that allow turning right on red, for example.
- Walking Along Road — Sidewalks are unavailable, and a pedestrian opts to walk, run, or jog in the road. When these accidents happen, the pedestrian is often going with traffic and hit from behind.
- Backing Vehicle — Pedestrian is struck by a vehicle backing up. In more than 20 percent of cases, this is a fatal accident.
- Not In Roadway —The pedestrian was hit somewhere other than a roadway like a parking lot, driveway, private road, sidewalk, or yard. Parking lots can be particularly dangerous because other vehicles block visibility.
Compensation for pedestrian accident victims
Pedestrian accident victims are often eligible to file claims for various forms of compensation. If you were injured, you are most likely able to get money for:
- Medical expenses to cover past, present, and future accident-related costs
- Medication and medical devices
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Mental health care
- Property damage to equipment or items you may have been carrying
Don’t go it alone, get an experienced Wichita Falls pedestrian accident lawyer
Hoover Rogers Law negotiates aggressively to get you the money you deserve. We hit the insurance companies with the cold truth and hard facts. If they don’t want to make you a substantial offer, we are prepared to take them to court.
Our attorneys work on contingency, which means there is no retainer or hourly rate for you to pay. Our fee is a percentage of your final settlement or verdict. If we don’t win, you don’t owe us anything.
Contact Hoover Rogers Law, LLP to schedule your free case evaluation with a Wichita Falls pedestrian accident lawyer. There’s no cost and no obligation, just answers about your legal options.