Get a Car Accident Lawyer Who Will Stand Up For You
We know it’s not just your case; it’s your life
There is no such thing as a simple or “cut-and-dry" car accident.
It may seem obvious the other driver is at fault — maybe they even admitted fault to you and the police. The stated goal of an insurance policy is to make the victim “whole,” yet you still cannot count on the insurance companies to give you a fair payout.
Initial settlement offers rarely cover an accident victim’s medical and other losses. Victims are not always made “whole.” They are often left with a hole in their lives.
The car accident attorneys at Hoover Rogers Law, LLP take a stand and fight to get accident victims in the larger Wichita Falls and Lawton region maximum compensation.
We would rather spend more time working on your case and take the insurance company to court rather than accept less money than you deserve.
While you heal, we fight
After a serious traffic accident, your focus should be on healing and being with your family, not going toe-to-toe with the insurance company over medical bills.
Hoover Rogers Law can handle the insurance company. Our legal team will investigate your car crash, create a game plan optimized for the best outcome, look the insurance company in the eye and demand all the money you deserve.
"My experience could not have gone more smoothly than it did after my wreck. Ben took care of every detail and got me the settlement needed to cover treatment and more. I highly recommend Hoover Rogers Law Firm!" - Sarah
Our lawyers are licensed in Texas as well as Oklahoma. This gives us the ability to fully serve our corner of Texoma. We handle all types of accidents, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Pile-ups and other multi-vehicle wrecks
- Head-on collisions
- Hit-and runs
- T-bone accidents
- Traffic accidents involving pedestrians or bicyclists
We don’t back down
Attorneys Ben Hoover and Grant Rogers are not afraid to get their hands dirty. We are not like the big, corporate law firms. Our law firm relies on experienced legal professionals to handle every aspect of your case. We wouldn’t trust your future to anyone else.
When you get Hoover Rogers Law, you can expect us to be relentless in pursuing the top outcome for your case. We don’t back down. We don’t give up. We would rather spend more time working on your case than accept less money than you deserve.
What to expect after a car accident
To get more than a below-value settlement offer, you will have to prove your case — and flex some legal muscle.
That’s where we come in.
From whiplash to broken bones and constant back pain, if you are suffering these or other car accident-related injuries you have a right to compensation for things like medical bills, car repairs, and lost wages.
When you hire Hoover Rogers Law to handle your car accident claim, you can expect to have a responsive, knowledgeable, compassionate lawyer by your side every step of the way. Our legal team will go the distance to prove your claim. If it will help your case, we will:
- Investigate. Conduct a thorough accident investigation
- ID Additional Fault. Identify all the people and entities that may be responsible for your accident. Oftentimes, especially in cases that involve commercial trucks, there are more people than just the driver who bears some responsibility in the crash
- Talk To The Insurance Company. We can respond to insurance company questions about the accident for you.
- Answer Your Questions. It’s your case. We want you to understand what is happening throughout the legal process. Our law firm is responsive to client requests.
- Demand Compensation. Accurately calculate the total cost of medical services necessary for you to recover and maintain your health for a lifetime. We can also estimate the cash value of other damages such as lost wages, diminished earning potential, loss of enjoyment, and property damage.
- Make A Battle Plan. Create a legal battle plan designed to win you the most money for your accident
- Settle Your Claim. Negotiate aggressively with insurance companies and at-fault parties to get you maximum compensation.
- Prepare For Trial. If the insurance company won’t budge from a too-small settlement offer, we are more than happy to file a civil lawsuit that publicly exposes the insurance company’s unjust treatment of injured people and seeks the money you deserve.
Here's what to do after a car accident
When you’re injured, out of work, and still in pain, accepting a quick settlement from an adjuster might seem like a good idea after an accident.
It is not.
Once you’ve agreed to a settlement, that’s it. In most circumstances, it’s impossible to get more money out of an insurance company after you’ve taken their offer — even if they shortchanged you.
You have a legal right to negotiate with the insurance companies and their lawyers to get maximum compensation for your losses and injuries.
To get the most for your injuries, you will need to have a strong claim. Every state has its own laws that govern traffic accidents, but there are some general steps that any accident victim may take to help their case:
- Stay at the scene. In general, any accident that causes injury, death, or property damage over $1,000 must be reported to law enforcement as well as your insurance company.
- Call 911. If help has not arrived yet, call 911 and report the accident.
- Make a timeline. As soon as you are able, write down details of the crash.
- Take photos and videos.
- Identify witnesses.
- Get medical attention. If there is an emergency medical professional at the accident, allow them to examine you. Even if you feel fine, there may be internal damage. Some crash injuries do not become apparent to victims until days or weeks later.
- See a doctor. Having an EMT check you out is a good first step, but you need to see a doctor who understands car accident injuries and has the time to give you a thorough exam.
- Do not discuss your accident with anyone.
- Get a copy of your Texas Crash Report or Oklahoma Collision Report.
- Call Hoover Rogers Law.
You have a legal right to negotiate with the insurance companies and their lawyers to get maximum compensation for your losses and injuries. However, accident claims are a unique beast. Understanding insurance policy fine print and negotiating with hardened adjusters is a skill that takes time to develop. That’s why so many people — including lawyers who practice other areas of the law — hire car accident attorneys to handle their claims.
If you were injured in a car, truck, or motorcycle accident in the Wichita Falls and Lawton area, contact Hoover Rogers Law, LLP for a free case evaluation. We can help you understand how the law applies to your specific situation and how much your claim is worth.
Wichita Falls and Lawton highways and hotspots
Some roadways are more likely to see a traffic accident than others. These are called “crash hotspots.”
Most hotspots are at intersections or along high-speed, curved roads. Halfway between Dallas and Oklahoma City, Wichita Falls often ranks as one of the most dangerous cities in Texas for drivers.
There are many major highways that intersect with Wichita Falls and Lawton area, including:
Among the major routes on the other side of the Red River are US-62 and OK-7.
The National Highway Safety Administration maps car accidents across the country and illuminates dangerous intersections and other crash hotspots.
In our neck of the greater Texoma region, communities with comparatively higher risk for car accidents include Bowie, Burkburnett, Duncan, Henrietta, and Marlow.
In Wichita Falls, Texas, locations where bad car accidents are more likely to occur include:
- Kell Boulevard and McNeil Avenue by the US-82 / US-277 ramps
- Kell East Boulevard and 6-lane Kemp Boulevard
- US-277 at 11th Street
- US-287/ N Scott Avenue at Sheppard Access Road
In Lawton, crash hotspots tend to be on town roads including intersections at:
- W Gore Boulevard and SW 52nd Street
- SW 38th Street and Ole Kim Lane
- Various locations along SW Lee Boulevard
- OK-62 (NW Rogers Lane) at NW 38th Street
Common car accident injuries
Car accidents come in many forms and result in a range of injuries.
The point of impact and cause of each accident affects injury risk. For example, people in vehicles that are hit from behind are more likely to suffer from whiplash. In a head-on collision, there is a high potential for traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
People who have been in car accidents frequently have to address issues like:
- Head injuries (TBIs)
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Cracked ribs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Persistent pain in the back, neck, chest, and/or side
Crash victims often must turn to medical professionals that specialize in treating this type of bodily harm.
Determining fault in a Texas or Oklahoma car accident
In Texas and Oklahoma, injured car accident victims get reduced recoveries if they are found to be at least somewhat responsible for the crash.
This is because both states use the modified comparative fault rule with a 51 percent bar.
The modified comparative fault liability standard splits responsibility among the people and entities involved in a crash. Even if you are seriously injured, you could still be held partially liable for the accident.
Fault is often influenced by the police report and determined during negotiations or in court. The 51 percent bar rule means that if you are 51 percent or more at fault in an accident, you cannot file a claim.
If you are 50 percent or less at fault and you file a claim, your final award will be reduced by whatever amount of fault the insurance companies can pin on you.
So, for example, if your final compensation award is $100,000 and you are found to be 10 percent at-fault, your final payout would be $90,000. (This example is for demonstration purposes only. There are many factors that can affect the size of your settlement, not just comparative negligence.
Insurance adjusters and attorneys will often attempt to assign more blame to accident victims than what they really deserve. The more blame an insurance company can put on you, the less money they must pay you.
Your lawyer can confront the insurance company and challenge their fault determination.
You can afford an excellent car accident lawyer
Money is tight after a bad car accident. Oftentimes, people cannot work due to injuries. This tough financial situation leads some people to believe that they cannot afford to hire a quality personal injury lawyer.
Our law firm believes that accident victims should not have to worry about attorney bills. You can afford serious, quality legal representation at Hoover Rogers Law.
Whether you decide to hire us or not, our attorneys offer free case consultations to accident victims. During your free consultation, we will go over how the law applies to your specific situation, the true value of your claim, and your legal options.
Our Texas and Oklahoma personal injury law firm represents accident victims on contingency. This means that you don’t pay our legal fee out of pocket. Our fee is calculated into your final settlement or verdict. If we don’t win, we don’t get paid.
When it’s all on the line, send in Hoover Rogers Law, LLP
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by contacting Hoover Rogers Law. Remember, time is of the essence – we need to start investigating and preserve your legal options by hitting deadlines.
Take control of your car accident today. Call, email, or chat online with Hoover Rogers Law now to schedule your free injury case evaluation.