Injured in a Wichita Falls Bicycle Accident?
Focus on healing while our law firm handles the rest
Wichita Falls stands out in Texas for its dedication to being a bicycle-friendly community. The League of American Bicyclists even awarded the city a bronze medal for its safety efforts. Wichita Falls has shared-use lanes and runs awareness campaigns for all roadway users.
Still, bicycle accidents happen here, too.
When a cyclist is injured due to someone else’s negligence, they need to contact a lawyer right away. Hoover Rogers Law, LLP conducts thorough investigations that yield critical information to support your claim. Contact our law firm to schedule a free injury case evaluation with a Wichita Falls bicycle accident attorney.
Wichita Falls bike trails
The Wichita Falls area offers numerous places for biking. To stay safe while out for a ride, it’s important to choose trails that fit your equipment and riding capabilities. Some of the city’s most popular bike trails include:
- Wee-Chi-Tah Trail — Urban mountain-biking on the north side of the Wichita River and into the Lucy Park area
- The Old Y-Tri Route (AKA Hammon Road Hills) — A good place for people new to hill climbing. This rural route doesn’t see much traffic
- Wichita Valley Rail Trail — the former “Wichita Valley Railway” has a gravel surface best utilized by mountain bikes. The route goes from the southwestern edge of the city into Holliday
- Lucy Park — A casual place for families and novices to ride; includes Circle Trail
Bicycle accidents can cause serious injuries
Most serious and fatal bicycle accidents are caused by motorists. When a bicyclist gets into an accident with a car, truck or another vehicle, common injuries include:
- Lower back pain
- Nerve damage
- Chafing, cuts, lacerations, and punctures
- Knee injuries
- Skull fractures, concussions, and other traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Contusions, facial fractures
- Musculoskeletal fractures, dislocations, and strains
- Cracked ribs
- Internal bleeding or rupture
Fight for full compensation with a bicycle accident lawyer
If you were injured while out for a bicycle ride, it may seem obvious that the motorist is at fault, but don’t count on an easy process. The insurance industry makes billions of dollars in profits every year by shortchanging seriously injured people.
Studies show that people who hire lawyers to deal with insurance companies recover more than people who do not. If you leave money on the table after a bad accident, you could wind up paying for expensive, accident-related medical treatment out of your pocket. Remember, you only get one shot at compensation. Let’s make it count.
Hoover Rogers Law will take on the insurance companies for you and fight hard to get you all the money you deserve for your injuries and other losses. Contact us now to schedule a free injury case evaluation with an experienced Wichita Falls bicycle accident lawyer.